L Visa for Intracompany Transferees

Hello, my name is AAndrés Martínez, Immigration Attorney at Bailey & Galyen, today I want to talk to you about the L visa for Intracompany Transferees.

The L visa is a non-immigrant visa that enables a US company to transfer an employee from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the US.

The L1A visa is for executives and managers, while the L1B is for foreign employees with specialized knowledge being transferred to their company’s US office. With either visa, the foreign employee can immigrate with their spouse and children.

The US company and the foreign company must have a qualifying relationship, that is, one has to be the subsidiary, branch, or parent company of the other. And the foreign employee must demonstrate one year of employment in the last three years prior to applying.

In the last few years, US Citizenship and Immigration Services has been scrutinizing L visa applications. This is not a project that you should undertake on your own.

I encourage you to contact us to set up a consultation to evaluate your company’s likelihood of sponsoring an employee abroad through the L visa. Thank you.